Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rosco's haynes Build
Adamirish

posted on 28/8/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Epic, just epic! I wish I had the time, knowledge and skill to even think about a build like that. Well done mate, a real credit to you!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Rosco86

posted on 28/8/15 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Awesome

You should sell those on E-Bay.

What's ratio like?

Haha if I had my own cnc I would!

Ratio wise, I'm not totally sure, I've just blagged it really

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 28/8/15 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
Epic, just epic! I wish I had the time, knowledge and skill to even think about a build like that. Well done mate, a real credit to you!

Wow thanks for that, but I'm just working my way through bit by bit

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 29/8/15 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
What a day! Got the engine running today! cranked the engine with the plugs out to get some oil pressure, it took a min but cracked the oil filter off and that sorted it, primed the fuel through and she started up! I was well chuffed! Sounds so good!

The rats nest that needs sorting!

My Build Thread

scutter

posted on 29/8/15 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Outstanding, Well done.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 29/8/15 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Are those injectors on the top of air box a secondary set,or are they the only injectors?

Do you need to keep air box with this engine,if not how do you go about getting those injectors mounted with a foam filter etc?

Rosco86

posted on 31/8/15 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Are those injectors on the top of air box a secondary set,or are they the only injectors?

Do you need to keep air box with this engine,if not how do you go about getting those injectors mounted with a foam filter etc?

Yeah there secondary's, yeah I'm going to make a new air box and remount the injector rail, easier said then done haha

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 31/8/15 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thanks

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 31/8/15 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Today's job was brake pipes, had to go my motor spares shop 3 times as the fittings I had ordered weren't going to work out right, this meant I didn't get going till about 11:30

I'm happy how they have all turned out but I did find it a bit of a faf about, the fittings I brought from various places are all different, also you read about sae and din flares etc, in the end I did test flares in all my fitting types to check they seated properly and the back edge wasn't damaged by the fitting, also when I tighten them up I'm going to undo them and check the flares have seated correctly, I'm going to get my brake flex's made up tomorrow to all being well!

My Build Thread

CosKev3

posted on 31/8/15 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nice and neat.

Your not making up your own flexies?

Rosco86

posted on 1/9/15 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice and neat.

No mate, having them properly crimped, next post!

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 1/9/15 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Right, got my brake lines done today, I no you can make them up your self but these are properly crimped and look a bit more factory I felt,

Also got a coat of black on the rear calipers so they match the fronts

My Build Thread

prawnabie

posted on 1/9/15 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hoses made with compression fittings will fail an MOT anyway now - not sure about IVA
Rosco86

posted on 2/9/15 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Well i sent David Rae my diff last thursday and i got it back today, well happy, so got it fitted tonight

My Build Thread

CosKev3

posted on 2/9/15 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosco86
quote:
Nice and neat.

look good, as above pretty sure making your own will fail iva,hence why I asked

What ratio is your diff?
Only ask as I've had mine converted to a 3.38 for my R1, as 3.62 was too low for road use imo.
Topped out at 120mph on the limiter in sixth on rolling road, and was circa 7000rpm cruising at 70mph so was too busy!

Rosco86

posted on 2/9/15 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rosco86
quote:
Nice and neat.

look good, as above pretty sure making your own will fail iva,hence why I asked

What ratio is your diff?
Only ask as I've had mine converted to a 3.38 for my R1, as 3.62 was too low for road use imo.
Topped out at 120mph on the limiter in sixth on rolling road, and was circa 7000rpm cruising at 70mph so was too busy!

Ah ok, to be honist i didnt no you could make your own flexies

Yeah ive gone for 3.38 i strugled to get it but its turned out ok in the end, ive got a viscus lsd in there to, i think the zx10 gear boxes are a little worse In top gear but i think it will be ok

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 3/9/15 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Good bit done tonight, I decided my brake pipes looked a bit bodge in copper colour so put some heat shrink over them, was a right pain in the butt, would of been loads easier before I flared the fittings on the end but turned out ok in the end

Also my dad had cut my fuel tank strap out for me today, just needed to bend it up! It came out sweet, I will get it powder coated I think

Just need to trim the ends to length and sort the holes out

My Build Thread

sdh2903

posted on 3/9/15 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
That tank strap is a work of art. I love the attention to detail with your build, very impressive. Neat idea with the brake pipes too.
Rosco86

posted on 6/9/15 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
That tank strap is a work of art. I love the attention to detail with your build, very impressive. Neat idea with the brake pipes too.

Cheers, yeah it does look cool but it's still simply two straps like everyone else, as for heat shrink, it's great, makes stuff look so neat!

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 6/9/15 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
A full day of sticky wiring on Saturday, me and my dad unwrapped the entire loom and relocated everything into position and everything into the cockpit etc, to be fair it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, also we removed things not required like stop watch buttons, sidestand etc, we stripped the lighting back so we just have the feeds coming out of the fuse box, next job is get the lights and dash bits roughly in place and get wiried up

This morning we mocked up a new air box in card, I'm aiming to fab it up in aluminium, the problem is the top injectors, the std box is to high and out to the side, the new idea is a bit lower but not out to the side, I think if I did it as is I would need a bulge/scoop around 100mm high on the bonnet, I'm open to any ideas if anyone has any,

Also I'm thinking of using a cone filter with a cold feed, mounted on the front like others have done

My Build Thread

OliilO

posted on 6/9/15 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Still looking great.

I know Mac1 made an airbox for zx10 engines, so may be worth searching for some pictures of them; not sure if they were for engines with secondary injectors or not though.

What thickness steel did you used for the panel your lower steering column bearing is bolted to? That's something I want to change in my car over winter, so it's got a bearing rather than just a bush.

Rosco86

posted on 6/9/15 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OliilO
Still looking great.

I know Mac1 made an airbox for zx10 engines, so may be worth searching for some pictures of them; not sure if they were for engines with secondary injectors or not though.

What thickness steel did you used for the panel your lower steering column bearing is bolted to? That's something I want to change in my car over winter, so it's got a bearing rather than just a bush.

Yeah that's what I've sort of copied, this is Big Macs

I used 2mm but I did also put a short fold in it right on the lower edge to stiffen it up for the pedal box

My Build Thread

Rosco86

posted on 6/9/15 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Change of plan haha I've just seen this idea, it clamps a foam/k&n filter between the two plates

Also the injector height could easily altered to keep it as low as possible and altered if it causes a bhp drop,

My Build Thread

perksy

posted on 6/9/15 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent build, well done

Some great photos and info being shared, thanks

Rosco86

posted on 7/9/15 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

My Build Thread

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.