Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Kits and Rebuilds and NOVA Proof
avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Many thanks.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

ctwv50

posted on 8/5/15 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations looks like yours went smoothly. No nova for you? I wonder if it is because it is a kit car rather than a self build.
avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Who knows. Maybe the planets were aligned !!!

luke2152

posted on 8/5/15 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I must say the final bit of the registration went smoothly. Once I had a letter from HMRC proving I didn't need a NOVA I emailed it to DVLA and my v5 arrived 48 hours later in the post
avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. :-)

timnuttuk

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm stuck with NOVA too. Spoke to DVLA this morning and while she was helpful, she said I had to go to NOVA with the new VIN number she was giving me. Spoke to NOVA and they emailed me a form. Which form did NOVA send you? I have a "Notification of vehicle arrivals" - stupid form as it doesn't apply to me. I have written a covering letter explaining it was build in the UK, and DVLA said I needed to contact NOVA.

What is PTU you mentioned?

Also did you include a receipt for the kit/chassis?

Many thanks - it is a small comfort to know that it is possible to get through the hell-hole.
TimN

[Edited on 8/5/15 by timnuttuk]

ctwv50

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by timnuttuk
I'm stuck with NOVA too. Spoke to DVLA this morning and while she was helpful, she said I had to go to NOVA with the new VIN number she was giving me. Spoke to NOVA and they emailed me a form. Which form did NOVA send you? I have a "Notification of vehicle arrivals" - stupid form as it doesn't apply to me. I have written a covering letter explaining it was build in the UK, and DVLA said I needed to contact NOVA.

What is PDU you mentioned?

Also did you include a receipt for the kit/chassis?

Many thanks - it is a small comfort to know that it is possible to get through the hell-hole.
TimN

Send your receipts for major components to them with the NOVA1 form filled in as follows....

Complete Part 3 AND 5 of the NOVA1.

You must complete questions 22 and 28, with year of manufacture of the chassis, and 29 to 40."

PTU are the department that will deal with your application.

Contact No. is 03000 583020

[Edited on 8/5/15 by ctwv50]

timnuttuk

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
THANKS! Fingers crossed and lots of deep breaths as I'm already running out of patience :-)
ctwv50

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
THANKS! Fingers crossed and lots of deep breaths as I'm already running out of patience :-)

Find a distraction to keep yourself busy, it is maddening. Can I see a picture of your car?

timnuttuk

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
See the site below for lots of pics and lots of waffle on the build... I have enjoyed the build, but at times it was frustrating especially the clutch...:-)

http://cobrakit.blogspot.co.uk/

TimN

timnuttuk

posted on 8/5/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'll try that again, as I updated the cover photo and screwed it up :-)

[Edited on 8/5/15 by timnuttuk]

ctwv50

posted on 8/5/15 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car, I plan to build a cobra one day.
avagolen

posted on 12/5/15 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
V5 arrived to day - plates fitted and out for a drive

Dropped the front pressures down to 20 and easier to drive in a straight line - always a bonus.

small oil leak has shown itself from the rear of the cam cover

Sorry but the Ipad video is very washed out and wont play properly on my PC. too sunny

28 miles done so far. Hopefully tomorrow I will stop the leak and have another drive.

ctwv50

posted on 12/5/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by avagolen
V5 arrived to day - plates fitted and out for a drive

Dropped the front pressures down to 20 and easier to drive in a straight line - always a bonus.

small oil leak has shown itself from the rear of the cam cover

Sorry but the Ipad video is very washed out and wont play properly on my PC. too sunny

28 miles done so far. Hopefully tomorrow I will stop the leak and have another drive.

Cool, Well done!

avagolen

posted on 12/5/15 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. You too. Enjoying it?

ctwv50

posted on 12/5/15 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by avagolen
Thanks. You too. Enjoying it?

Yep, nice and sunny lately, been taking the kids out for a local blast and doing some cosmetic changes. funnily enough my first few blasts ended up with an oil leak! Doh. Been playing with white sharpie paint pens this weekend!

avagolen

posted on 13/5/15 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Nice touch.

Hopefully ican stop my oil leak this evening and go for another 'tootle' around the villages.

timnuttuk

posted on 23/5/15 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
v5 arrived today, plates bought, fixed to car, sun came out and VRROOOOMMMM! Been driving it all afternoon. Popping back home to tweak the Spax shocks. Started very bouncy, but feeling more solid now. So frustrated about this STUPID NOVA application, but it only added 2 weeks on top of the 4 weeks the DVLA took - still.
My advise to anyone is
a) get a VIN number from the DVLA, mine came from the kit manufacturer and DVLA said they had to issue a new one (not sure if it is because I was getting a Q-plate.
b) check whether a NOVA application is needed - and get it off at the same time as DVLA paperwork to avoid the additional 2 weeks.
c) stay calm and don't get cross with them, it will only slow down the process. I spoke to them a few times to nudge along the process and generally they were very helpful dealing with a stupid process.

Thanks again for all your help on this one - I was getting a little stress, but knowing someone else had been through it and there was light at the end of the tunnel, made me relax a little.

Off out again in a minute
Thanks
TimN

ctwv50

posted on 25/5/15 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
v5 arrived today, plates bought, fixed to car, sun came out and VRROOOOMMMM! Been driving it all afternoon. Popping back home to tweak the Spax shocks. Started very bouncy, but feeling more solid now. So frustrated about this STUPID NOVA application, but it only added 2 weeks on top of the 4 weeks the DVLA took - still.
My advise to anyone is
a) get a VIN number from the DVLA, mine came from the kit manufacturer and DVLA said they had to issue a new one (not sure if it is because I was getting a Q-plate.
b) check whether a NOVA application is needed - and get it off at the same time as DVLA paperwork to avoid the additional 2 weeks.
c) stay calm and don't get cross with them, it will only slow down the process. I spoke to them a few times to nudge along the process and generally they were very helpful dealing with a stupid process.

Thanks again for all your help on this one - I was getting a little stress, but knowing someone else had been through it and there was light at the end of the tunnel, made me relax a little.

Off out again in a minute
Thanks
TimN

Excellent news, patience is a virtue but it feels like the DVLA are pushing that virtue to it's limit! Well done great weather Saturday, good day to get out on the road!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.